Saturday, September 15, 2012

Happiness in a Hand Basket

     I don't fit in with this consumerist culture and I've had enough. God damn it! I think. I think critically. I feel. I feel deeply. I am not a "stuff" person. I don't like stuff. I've come to the realization that I don't need a bunch of material possessions to be happy, never did, and therefore am not afraid of being poor. Since I am not afraid of poverty, I am free to live. I get to do what makes me happy, whether that means singing, writing, whatever. I don't have to pigeon hole myself into a consumerist category. I don't need to be imprisoned by the system and I won't do it. I'm going to do what I love and say what I feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. (Like that bit of Dr. Seuss I slipped in there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment